ESPN anchor Hannah Storm shares the specifics of her burn injury with NFPA Journal

Posted by on Mar 18, 2013 in ESPN, grill safety, Hannah Storm, National Fire Protection Association, News, NFPA Journal, Safety, SportsCenter |

ESPN SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm vividly recalls a gas grill explosion that resulted in first- and second-degree burns on her body: "The explosion was so great that it blew the doors off the grill," she tells NFPA Journal in the latest issue. "My neighbor...thought the explosion was actually a tree falling through his own roof. I remember seeing the fire and then being on fire and rushing to put it out." Following the harrowing incident, Storm made a miraculous return to TV and has become NFPA's newest grilling safety advocate. Through a series of public service announcements, she warns...

Read More